Sunday, February 3, 2013

Validation of our Appraisals across the United States


I was asked the following question:  How are  your liquor license appraisals validated?

Liquor license transactions are NOT recorded anywhere, so true validation in the sense of a real property is impossible. Our liquor license appraisals are a snapshot of  the collection of data and information which I have on file and recent transactions in and around the town I am appraising.

I  was retained to do a liquor license appraisal in Livingston, NJ. 
Liquor license has not traded Livingston in  4 years. 
One has sold in neighboring Millburn for $750,000 last year. 
One has sold in its eastern neighbor, East Hanover for $450,000, 18 months ago.

The last one in Livingston 5 years ago traded for $800,000. 
Currently two are on the market for $600,000.

My liquor license appraisal would be based on the sales in adjacent towns, and the fact that there are two unsold licenses in Livingston.

It is more of an estimate of the value of the liquor license than a "validated" transaction based on comparable for adjacent real estate property.

Unlike real estate transactions, the value of liquor license transactions is only known to the participants involved in the restaurant transaction

I can help identify the value of liquor licenses.


Over the last 20 years, I have built a data base of transactions consummated in many towns across the United States

If you may need liquor license appraisal, I can help.

In most instances, towns do not have sales data for any sales or, other times, the licenses were sold as part of a restaurant transaction. My data base is full of research which identifies comparable sales in neighboring towns with similar demographics and other critical data points to accurately establish liquor license values.



Call me at1-877-643-5110

Email me at dschoenmann@USA-Liquor-License-Appraisals.com




1 comment:

  1. sure.. i will contact you... bout i got one more offer for new york liquor license from - nyliquorlicensenow.com and this also good..

    ReplyDelete